Starting June 29th until August 17th, 2020, enter our weekly caption contest for your chance to be featured on the website and our Instagram page!
What’s a caption contest?
Sometimes magazines (like the super famous The New Yorker) will run contests where people can write a clever or funny description or a quote for what’s happening in a picture. People will vote and pick their favourite caption that will appear in a newspaper, magazine, or website. Sometimes people just like having them on their fridge.
Check out this video of a 9-year old who entered and won one of The New Yorker’s weekly contests:
How does it work?
- Look for the weekly caption contest here at bcsrc.ca
- Think about something funny or clever happening in the picture (what are the characters saying or thinking, what do they see, or what are they doing?)
- Write a quick 1 sentence caption
- Submit your caption by Wednesday at 11:59pm
- On the following Thursday, we’ll release three picks for you to vote on
- Voting will close on the Sunday at 11:59pm
- A winner will be announced and featured on our website and Instagram page each Monday